Friday, December 4, 2009

I can't believe I'm a blogger

I never understood the blog thing. I'm starting to get it and totally see the use for a pottery blog! So off we go! I am excited to have a place to show and talk about new ideas & things I'm learning and working on and to showcase the awesome progress of my wonderful students who quickly become girlfriends! I'm super excited and hope you will enjoy our life in the studio and be grateful you don't have to experience the cussing I do in there or
the various states of undress that I work in : )
I bought a new book recently and have gotten tons of new techniques and ideas from it. Part of it features a lady who makes super tall skinny vases up to 28" high! She makes really weird faces while she works. I have made a couple of attempts and am super e excited at what I can actually do. This is my first attempt which ended up being a vase 19 inches tall. The tallest thing I've ever thrown in one piece! I covered it in dark brown slip and carved a vine swirl pattern in. Here it is waiting to be fired...I'm really into teapots right now. I think they offer so much room for creativity. here is my latest. it is huge and I love it's proportions. My students Patti & Merideth made teapots too! Merideth already took hers
home but here is Patti's darling daisy teapot!

5 comments:

  1. Worst blog ever.



    Ha Ha! I love you. You're the coolest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Throwing and handbuilding: Forming Techniques by Anderson Turner. Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are blogging. I hope you post pictures of the faces you make while you work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay you started a blog! Love all your pottery. I dont really miss it one bit though. I have dreams that Im back in Ms. Bennetts class. I talked to my mom and she would love to be set up. I will send you her number.

    ReplyDelete